Spinach is from the food group which is densely rich in nutrients and does not lead to the congestion of arteries or any other health related complications. Although many food restaurants who assure that they provide healthy food still use some of the unhealthy stuff which can be easily considered as fast food.
If you don’t belong to a rich family and cannot afford your own chef then preparing easy to make and nutritious spinach dip is the best alternative. A healthy food planning for your family should include dishes which are lesser in fat and enriched with fiber and nutrients. The inclusion of vegetables in appetizers effortlessly makes you count your food as healthy. Addition of fruits, nuts add flavor contrast to the spinach dips.There are various types of spinach dip recipe but article will stress on two common used i.e Paleo spinach artichoke recipe and paleo tortilla recipe.
1. Paleo Spinach Artichoke Recipe
– 1 cup chopped frozen spinach
– 1 � cup chopped artichoke hearts
– ¼ cup Paleo mayonnaise (recipe included)
– � cup shredded almond cheese
– 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
– � teaspoon red pepper flakes
– 1 teaspoon garlic flakes
– ¼ teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
– ¼ teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
– Dash cayenne pepper (to taste)
– Boil artichokes and spinach in 1 cup water until tender.
– Drain water from vegetables.
– In low heat combine mayonnaise, almond cheese, lemon juice, red pepper and garlic flakes, salt and pepper to taste.
– Stir well all ingredients at low heat.
– Serve warm or refrigerate in air-tight container.
2. Paleo Tortilla Recipe
Paleo almond flour tortilla recipes. Prepare crisp tortilla and serve with Paleo Spinach Artichoke Dip.
– 2 Cups of Almond Flour
– 2 Large eggs
– 1 teaspoon olive oil
– 1/2 teaspoon to taste
– 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper to taste.
– 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil (as needed)
– In small bowl combine all ingredients. Mix well with spoon then use hand to kneed dough. Dough should be elastic and hold together. If dough too dry add small amount of water as needed.
– Divide dough in equal balls . Roll each ball on parchment paper.
– For circular tortilla divide dough with large bowl or large cookie cutter.
– Place olive oil in skillet and bring to medium heat. When olive oil hot place tortilla cook each side for 30 to 40 seconds. Remove drain paper towel.
– Continue and cook each tortilla. The longer tortilla fried crispier each tortilla becomes.
Serve warm or cool